- This event has passed.
Know Your Home: Lungs and Lichen
March 15 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Lungs and Lichen
You are invited to join a mini “eco-retreat” with yoga teacher and MRes student, Lucy Sabin. In Part One, Lungs, we will practice control and expansion of the breath through pranayama. In Part Two, Lichen, we will study lichen in the park (weather permitting), following a citizen-survey devised by Imperial College. The ensuing discussion will reflect upon both experiences as “biological indicators” of air quality in London.
- Enjoy a free retreat!
- Come along to destress, recharge, and reconnect with “nature”.
- Learn how to conduct a citizen-scientist survey and get inspired to use scientific methods in your own research.
- Discuss the air we breathe with other environmentally-minded people.
- Listen to your body and cultivate your ability to sense air quality through conscious breathing.
- Slow down and nurture the art of noticing.
Email email@example.com to book your place!