RCASU are working with RCA and Gale & Snowden Architects to re-design the terrace area! We’re really excited about this project and look forward to it’s realisation… Having said that it might take some time to be completed so we’ll keep you updated as the project develops.
Jazbo is the one to contact should you have any in depth questions. Below are some sketches Gale & Snowdon have sent us along with their presentation.
N.b. all of this is subject to change…
- Provide year-round usable green outside social space for students and staff. This is the only sizable outside space on campus
- Provide a link between Darwin and Frayling buildings
- Extension of space for café use
- Extended use of the Terrace into winter months
- Flexibility of use to include eating, drinking and social functions
- Explore opportunities for learning and inspiration
- Provide a space of beauty that is overlooked by many campus areas such as the library in order to help uplift the campus visually
- Use of Permaculture design (e.g. ecological sustainable approach to design, designing with natural principles, systems and useful species)